This post exists for two reasons:
1) To help you make the most of this site
2) To prevent a thousand posts all vaguely titled 'beginner here! help!'
Since summer of 2005, SoR (societyofrobots.com) has grown to have a huge database of helpful information for beginners. If you have a question, the course of action would be to:
1) Read the suggested list of tutorials for beginners
2) Check the current list of tutorials
for specific topic info
3) Search the forum for posts from people who have already asked your question (use search bar at top left)
If you cant find any information, feel free to make a post.
If you dont just have a question, but want to know a lot
about a little
, feel free to suggest a new tutorial
. All new suggestions get voted on, and I write about tutorials that get the most votes.
Hope this helps! Good luck on your first robot!